Friday, January 1, 2010

Where The Wild Things Are

This evening we went to see a movie. The choices were 'Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel', which just came out; or 'Astro Boy' or 'Where The Wild Things Are', which are playing at Vancouver Plaza 10, a second-run theater. Alex decided to watch the movie that had been out the longest, 'Where The Wild Things Are', because Alvin and the Chipmunks will be in theaters for a while.

I was disappointed in the film. It's a nice book, but there's not a whole lot of plot, so I knew that they were going to have to add storyline for the film. Because it was produced by Tom Hanks, I guess I was expecting magic. I thought the whole movie was way too deep for a young audience, confusing, and extremely depressing. Although the story was too confusing to get depressed over, the character's voices, the soundtrack, and even the character's faces and gaits were enough to depress everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment