Saturday, January 30, 2010

Alex the Chef

I tought Alex to make pancakes this morning.  I had him worried that he was not going to be able to remember all the ingredients, but when he found out it is only pancake mix and water, he was okay . . . he's got it memorized!  Instead of measuring, I taught him to tell how much mix and water by looking at the consistency of the batter.

He was worried about flipping . . . we made smallish (5") pancakes, and he still made me flip the first one.  Then he made the second.  I did the third, showing him how to sprinkle chocolate chips on just after pouring the batter in the pan . . . then he was done.  He ate the chocolate chip pancake while I continued cooking the rest of the pancakes and eggs.

After breakfast, I called him our pancake chef, but he didn't like that; he says he's not making all of the pancakes from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment