Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Full Schedule

Today was cram-packed with activity.

After dropping Alex off at school, Tiffany and I had breakfast at Carl's Jr. in downtown Portland on our way to the Myotonic Dystrophy support group meeting. It was great to see everybody there again – I am a little sad that I will likely not be able to participate with the group much once I return to work. We had Lisa Vittek from the Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation call in and introduced everyone to the Myotonic Dystrophy community website – it's a Social Networking site, much like Facebook or LinkedIn, but its focus is on Myotonic Dystrophy.

After lunch, Tiffany went home with her parents and I high-tailed it to Lake Oswego, where I participated in a Resume Editing Forum at Right Management. There were four students and a Career Counselor. One by one we passed around our resumes for everybody to read then we critiqued them. It was very interesting to see other very professional resumes, but I also got a lot of positive feedback on mine.

Alex had a short day at school, and I had the van, so Grandma Kennedy had to pick Alex up at school then took him to Karate. I met him at Grandma Kennedy's house after Karate, helped Grandpa Kennedy carry a new bunk bed upstairs (that he had just bought today), then finally brought Alex home for homework, dinner, and bed.

During dinner, Alex watched an episode of NOVA on the laptop. He did this of his own accord, not any suggestion from Tiffany or I. He chose an episode about the statues on Easter Island. He has been interested in them since he saw one in 'Night at the Museum'. He loves quoting the line "Dum-Dum have Gum-Gum?"

No comments:

Post a Comment