Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Unscheduled Dentist Visit

Today I went to Parkrose Hardware to pick up some socket adapters for work and helped myself to a bag of their popcorn. In fact, the popcorn is why I went to Parkrose Hardware instead of Baxter's! Just after leaving, I was chomping away at the popcorn when I heard and felt a SNAP . . . I broke a molar in two! This was surprising because I was not chewing unpopped kernels, and I was not chewing hard.

I called our dentist, and was able to get an appointment in less than 30 minutes. I rushed to work to let them know I was going to be out for a while, then to the dentist office. Because Tiffany was at her Myotonic Dystrophy support group in Beaverton, and Alex had a half day of school, I had to call Grandma Kennedy and ask her to pick up Alex.

The dentist told me that I needed a crown, and that he suggested that we do it today. I decided to get it over with, but that this was NOT what I had in mind when I woke up this morning. He told me that this IS what he had in mind . . . he had woken up and thought "I hope I can do a crown today". He must have a boat payment coming due.

Within 2 ½ hours of the break, I was out of the office and driving back to work. I had not eaten lunch, so I was hungry, and decided that I deserved Burger King. I went through the drive-through and ordered a Whopper, medium fries, and a large Diet Pepsi (or do they have Coke?) Unfortunately, because I had so much Novocain, the fries tasted very similar to cardboard, but not quite as moist. The Whopper was only marginally better.

No comments:

Post a Comment