Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Family Game Night – Star Wars Monopoly

After Karate today I offered to play a game with Alex tonight. I suggested Yahtzee – Alex countered with Star Wars Monopoly. Tiffany, Alex and I played Star Wars Monopoly from about 6:00 until 8:00. The agreement was that at 8:00 whoever was playing would finish their turn, and then we would count the money to see who won.

About 7:30, all but one piece of property had been bought, but nobody had a set to put houses on. Tiffany was trying to trade with Alex to give them both complete sets, but he would not do it. Finally, against Tiffany's protests, Alex gave me a property that completed a low-rent set for me and I gave him Boardwalk to match his Park Place (they have different names in Star Wars Monopoly, of course), but I had to agree that I would not charge him rent on the set he gave me. Deal! Of course, this was a pretty bad deal for me and a very good deal for Alex, but it was even worse for Tiffany. I just wanted Alex to win. I immediately bought hotels (spaceports) for my properties and Alex started putting houses (cities) on his two. Not long after, Tiffany landed on the last piece of vacant property and finished herself a set.

At 8:00, we sent Alex off to take a shower while Tiffany and I cleaned up the game. We sold all the houses and mortgaged all the properties to liquidate everybody, and then put everybody's money in piles for Alex to count. The final net worths were: Jeff - $2402; Alex - $3815; Tiffany - $3860, putting Tiffany ahead of Alex by $35. While he was in the shower, Tiffany took a $100 bill out of her money and gave it to Alex. When he did the final count, the score was, as far as he knows:

Jeff - $2402

Tiffany - $3760

Alex - $3915

We then asked him how much he was ahead of Tiffany, and he very easily set up and solved the subtraction problem. Then he was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment