Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Crazy Wild Night at the Circus


This evening, we went to the Barnum & Bailey circus!

Alex didn't have time to finish his homework, but what he did do was done well.

He seemed to enjoy the whole circus. Before-hand we walked around and watched some clowns; he was smiling and giggling through the whole thing. During the show, he was on the edge of his seat. When asked what his favorite part was, he said "All of it". Later, he confided that it was the elephants and tigers. The photo below is of Alex and Tiffany at the circus – Alex is wearing the hat that came with his bag of cotton candy. He also got an elephant and a "shoot the woman from the canon" toy at the souvenir stand. (I think the woman being shot from the canons was a big hit for him)

After the circus, however, I smashed the driver's door of the van against a concrete post in the Rose Quarter parking garage. I rolled down my window and looked out; the damage looked pretty bad. On the way home we stopped for gas, and upon further inspection I realized that what looked like the paint being scraped off the side of the van was actually white paint from the pole on the door. I was able to rub this paint off with my thumb, and the door isn't very bad. It is dented in somewhat, but I may be able to push this out from the inside. Also, there are some small scratches . . . I'll see what a touch-up pen will do. In any case, it's not nearly as bad as I thought at first.

After I settled down, Tiffany reminded me that she had asked me not to park in that spot because she was scared I couldn't get out without hitting a concrete post. Well, I could have. I was just concentrating on backing out of the spot into the post-event traffic, and the post was very short . . . too short for me to see.

We got home well after 11:00. I have already e-mailed Mrs. Gallo and apologized to her for Alex's behavior in class tomorrow. I am certain that he is going to have issues due to lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment