Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beauty and the Beast Rehearsal and Family Game Night

I had rehearsal with CYT's Beauty and the Beast today. I got there late – about 10:30 – and rehearsed until 5:00. Tiffany and Alex slept in pretty late today then met me at McDonald's after rehearsal.

We came home and had a game night. Tiffany and Alex agreed to play Chess4, which I have had for years, but never played. Tiffany was not too upset when Alex and I got her in a combination checkmate, taking her out of the game early. Alex and I then duked it out for a while, but I eventually won. The game is actually harder than it looks. The playing field is huge, so you've got to look out for pieces from long distances; it is also difficult to control the center of the board because you simply do not have enough pieces to cover it.

Although we generally let the winner choose the next game, I let Tiffany choose because she was nice enough to play Chess. She chose Scattergories. We played 6 rounds, and Tiffany won that. Finally, Alex chose Jenga, which he lost.

Beauty and the Beast is getting very intense. Opening night is February 19, and I've got either rehearsal or shows every day starting yesterday, and going through Sunday, February 21. I've got the 22nd off, but then more shows on the 23rd, and again the weekend after, the 26th – 28th. I will be skipping rehearsal tomorrow, however, because I agreed with Tiffany that I would not rehearse on Valentine's Day. This was one of the stipulations for her to let me play the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment