Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lost Arrow

Oh, I'm a baaa-aad father!

Alex received a bow and arrow set from Santa Claus for Christmas.  It is a youth-sized bow, but it is compound.  It can put a hole through both sides of a plastic bucket from 20 yards.  I have lectured Alex about not loosing any arrows because if he looses an arrow, it means he was shooting it somewhere he shouldn't have.  In fact, his only targets have been items placed on our berm (giving his target a huge backdrop).

A few minutes ago, I decided to shoot a quiver of arrows before bed.  I shot six arrows at a plastic bucket on the berm, and put one of the arrows through the bucket.  Another four arrows were buried in the ground within a foot of the bucket.  The sixth arrow, however, could not be found.  When I shot it, I heard it glance off the frozen ground and go further up the berm, into the shadows.  In the dark, I was not able to find it.

I had better make sure that I am up before Alex in the morning, and that I find that arrow at first light!

No comments:

Post a Comment