Monday, November 2, 2009

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Because Alex was a Zombie Night for Halloween, I thought it would be appropriate for him to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail – specifically, I thought he would get a kick out of The Black Knight, a valiant but stubborn knight who refuses to admit defeat, even after losing both arms and both legs. I believe I have seen every scene in the movie, but have never actually watched it from beginning to end, so I was equally excited about seeing it myself.

During Alex's Martial Arts school Halloween party Friday evening, I stole off to Fred Meyer to check out the movie's rating. The movie is rated PG, and was on sale for $7.99; thinking that it would cost $4 to rent at Blockbuster, if we could find it, I bought it.

Late Friday night we curled up in the bedroom and put on the Holy Grail. As the movie was starting, Alex was a little leery about the film . . . we explained that it is an old film (almost as old as Tiffany and I), so he thought there was no WAY it could be good. Tiffany and I quickly fell asleep, but Alex persevered. I briefly woke up a few times, and each time I did, Alex was rolling on the bed laughing. I saw the Black Knight, and Alex loved that scene. I also saw the guards who did not understand the simple command "stay here and make sure he does not leave". Alex loved that, too.

Saturday morning, I asked Alex how he liked the movie. He said it's one of the best movies he's ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment