Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Photo Montage Video and About Soap Box Derby

Lots of people I've talked to about Soap Box Derby aren't sure what it's all about . . . many confuse it with the Cub Scouts' Pinewood Derby at first. (Alex did win the Pinewood Derby back in January, by the way, but that's a different story . . .) Soap Box Derby (driving downhill) is very different from Pinewood Derby (small cars on a track). In addition, Soap Box Derby is not affiliated with Cub Scouts in any way. I found this three minute YouTube video that captures the essence of the cars and the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wDro90-ZKo&feature=related

Also, I have posted a Video Photo Montage I made, containing lots of photos. Most of them are from the Soap Box Derby and of Stormtroopers at Alex's Birthday Party, but there are also photos from the Great Wolf Lodge, Christmas, playing in the snow, and perhaps a few others. I put this together basically to play with Vista's Movie Maker software. It's pretty cool (the software, I mean).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9xZoeUsQ18

No comments:

Post a Comment